Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Let me always be fertile ground for Your truth...



Having read my devotion (First5 by Proverbs 31 Ministries) this morning, I was encouraged to pray for a heart open to God's truth... Truth that is not always easy to hear and receive, but inherently needful to accept and internalize.  

"Lord, I humbly ask that I may always be sensitive to conviction that I can readily confess & repent, seeking the Spirit's guidance on how to live in Your way.  May my heart be fertile ground that all of Your truth can sink deep in and take root.  May I be as soft, wet clay in Your hands, moldable and pliable as You shape me.  

Please keep reminding me by Your Spirit to seek You early and often for revelation in all areas of my life - that I may be continually submitting to Your lordship and sovereign governance so I may live the full and abundant life Your Son came to give me.  Help me to trust You completely. 

And Lord, as You use me to present Your message to those You place in my path, set a guard on my heart from judgment when others resist Your truth. Help me to be faithful to continue to sow diligently.  Let me trust You to convict and convince their hearts to repentance that I may be a messenger of grace even when my words seem to fall on ground of stone.   

In Jesus' name.  Amen." 

No comments:

Post a Comment