Tuesday, January 13, 2015

walking in a victory mindset

1/13/15

"When we all get to heaven
What a day of rejoicing that will be
When we all see Jesus
We’ll sing and shout the victory!"

_____________

As I lay in bed, this refrain kept crowding out the other hymns I was trying to sing in my mind – wandering over top of other lyrics and musical patterns.  At first I was frustrated, but then I realized God was trying to show me something here. 

I have no doubt the day we are called Home will be like no other – when our Joy is made complete and we are face to face with GOD.   

But the question came to me:
Shouldn’t we walk around in this mindset all the time?




The victory is already ours – won decisively on the cross some 2000 years ago!  Yes, though we suffer but for a little while (in the grand scheme of things), we can still choose to walk in glory and live consciously aware that we are now of the LIGHT!  No longer of this world, but purchased and redeemed by the blood, we are saved and our future is entirely secure!   

The enemy loves to hurl every kind of junk at us that he can while we are here because he wants us to be utterly and entirely miserable.  He is strong and very manipulative, and he is incredibly determined for us to walk around in the most defeated mentality he can ascribe to us.  But we do NOT have to live that way – regardless of what tools he may use against us, what horrendous and awful things he may do to us, he cannot take away what we do not willfully surrender.  We can CHOOSE to hold fast to our Joy in Christ – and we ought to do just that.




No, it is not easy – it is not the natural state of affairs.  It is much easier to give in to the temptation to be depressed and to loathe circumstances, to be angry with God over situations in our lives that are well beyond anything we could begin to understand.   Please know that I am not suggesting that any of those emotional responses are unreasonable, but I am saying that we have a choice in the matter.  And God will give us the power to maintain our peace and our joy in the midst of even the worst of situations if we will choose to turn to Him and seek His Presence in the midst.  And He will give us the capacity to keep seeking – it is not a once and for all deliverance from struggles.  It is a constant and continuous practice of intentionally choosing joy, peace, trust and faith over despair and bitterness or anger or resentment and depression and all the other traps of the enemy.
____________

We have every reason to rejoice here and now,
even in the midst of trials, whatever form they may take,
because we know our future is BRIGHT
– brighter than we can even imagine –
and can never be stolen from us!



_____________

God never ceases to amaze me – here’s a little victory chant he wrote for me… I am not a cheerleader LOL – but I think it gets the point across J  Oh, boy – the things He calls me to!!!  Enjoy!

Link to my recording of

__________

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y-!

I’m gonna praise His name on high, on high!

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!

It’s time to raise and lift His banner high!

I got the victory y’all – I got the victory y’all!

I got the what?

 I got the what?

I got the victory y’all – I got the victory y’all!

Let’s lift His Name on high – Yes, lift those voices high!

We got the victory y’all – we got the victory y’all!

We got the what?

We got the what?

We got the VICTORY y’all – we got the VICTORY y’all!

Lift His Name on high – send praises to the sky!

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!

________


Come on y'all, 
let's get our praise on!!!
Nicole C. Mullen's
is a good place to start!!!

__________

Until next time...

Be Blessed!!! <3


[about this blog]


© K. Michelle Payne 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment