Friday, January 30, 2015

empowered to walk away from an anxious heart

I pray earnestly that this devotion might be the beginning of understanding for anyone seeking to walk away from the burden of living with an anxious heart.  
___________________
And Moses made a serpent of bronze and put it on a pole, and if a serpent had bitten any man, when he looked to the serpent of bronze [[a]attentively, expectantly, with a steady and absorbing gaze], he lived.  
Numbers 21:9 (AMP)
___________________

When you sit back and think about it, it really takes the same level of energy internally to use your faith for good or for negative.  We have a beautiful choice in that we can decide which way we want to push our brains - the direction in which we want to tend to operate.  We can use our efforts to walk in hope and live in expectancy of the favor and goodness and mercy of God to follow us all the days of our lives as we are promised OR to assume the defeated mentality (as the enemy would much prefer) of moving about in a life filled with doubt and dread, worry and anxiety.  

It does not always "feel" as though we have an option available in this matter because so many of us have these incredible strongholds in our minds where the enemy has us trapped in patterns of discouraging wrong thinking - our instant inclination seems to be to go directly to the place of the negative, the worry - presuming the worst of any situation.  Many of us suffer from actual fully developed disorders born of a chemical imbalance that the enemy has then capitalized on with years of mental misprogramming - consistent and constant bombardment of misguided thought processes that leave us believing we have no other choice than to think this way - that we are just born worriers.  
BUT there is HOPE! 
We have all the power of Almighty God at our disposal to teach us and guide us into learning new ways of thinking.  It is not easy & it does not at all come naturally, but that is okay because with the Spirit working in and through us, we are not limited to the natural way of reordering things.  It is crucial to seek revelation first of this truth: with God ALL things are possible.  Pray that God will show you His brand of HOPE so you can begin to have the inkling of understanding that just because "I've always had a problem with anxiety" does not mean you have to settle for and live in a 'this is as good as it gets' mentality.  There is always hope when God is part of the equation!


Yes, I fully advocate for the use of doctors and medications as are helpful for achieving stability and offering support to allow you to do this good work - and it is work that it takes to reprogram the mind, but work that God Himself will help you through.  But please hear me that the doctors and the medications are not all there is.  God is handing you an open invitation here and now because He wants to help you - He wants you to lean on Him.  He wants to set you free from those strongholds the enemy has set up in your mind and heart!  
To be set free, you must be willing to do your part - the "work" -  & stretch your faith to trust God to do His part.  It is a process of continuous seeking, learning and trusting - and you will always be a work in progress this side of heaven.  But I can assure you as you are promised in the Word of God, that He who begins this good work in you will see it through to completion when He brings you home again!   The Author and Perfector and Finisher of your faith will not fail you - He will be with you every step of the way. 
Please open your heart to believe today that God genuinely wants to bring you - yes, YOU who has struggled for so long - into wellness and soul rest - come and accept His invitation...  Please listen to this song before you read on...
___________________

[Can you see yourself in a new light?]
As well, functioning, walking free & living in victory - delivered through your struggles & able then to give back to others who are hurting... 
Can you see yourself as stable and whole, living a good, full and blessed life - the one God always intended for you?  
Can you get this new vision of yourself down deep on the inside and see yourself through eyes of faith so you can begin to move forward into all the good things God has in store for you?
___________________
Please pray with me...
Lord, I have a broken and dull image of myself.  I have accepted what I've known for so long as my lot in life, and it's hard for me to comprehend and internalize that this is never how You wanted me to live.  I know You designed me with a purpose and You have plans for me.  I know in order to move into the life You want for me, I need to get a new vision of myself.  Please remove the scales from my eyes and help me to begin here and now to see myself and my life through eyes of faith.  Help me to shake of the old 'as good as it gets' mindset and remember who I am because of You.  Show me out of Your great love for me what my real and true identity is as a child of the Most High God.  Help me to see myself as You do as You break the strongholds the devil has built up in my heart and mind.  Lead me forward into victory after victory, into the freedom You came to bring me, all for Your Glory!  In Your Name, I ask You to draw me ever closer to Your heart.  Amen. 
___________________
If this message has touched you, or you know anyone who struggles with worry or anxiety, I just ask that you send them the link to this post.
Let us all do what we can to encourage one another.  

Until next time,
Be Blessed and Be a Blessing!
and remember

[You are SO loved!!!]



© K. Michelle Payne 2015




2 comments:

  1. Find this through a link you posted on First5 today. I too write a blog to encourage others dealing with fear and anxiety. Thank you for your work and your message of hope for me and others. May God bless your ministry. ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize that I'm just seeing this now. Thank you so much for your kind words and blessing. Please do let me know the name of your blog & also if you're on Pinterest (that's where I keep track of all the blogs I'm interested in). Thanks again and God bless you!! <3

      Delete