Tuesday, September 1, 2015

A Brief Note on the Battlefield of the Mind

I made this a while back, and I thought it was worth sharing here... Note, this is my version of a graphic that I saw somewhere else... I'd give credit where due, but I have no memory of where I first saw this...


It's important to know we don't have to listen to every little thing that comes into our heads; we don't have to go down every rabbit trail that pops up... and we shouldn't!! It is truly needful to guard our hearts and minds in Christ as we are advised...

I pray ever more for the ability to discern when I am being led by God (what He's telling me aligns with the Word and wherein I have a true sense of peace) and when I am being manipulated by the enemy... Bearing in mind the deceiver is sometimes ever so subtle in his whisperings and misleadings... Do not be mistaken, the devil is not always in some great rush to twist any of us into knots and derail our spiritual walks... 

THIS is the battlefield of the mind...
And it plays out in each of us day by day...

We should keep keenly aware and alert, thinking actively, filtering and constantly processing what we allow into our minds and hearts, always casting aside any thought or imagination that sets itself up against God... It does not come naturally, but we have this ability by the Spirit living within us.. and it is an imperative practice if we desire to live our best lives in victory as God has always intended for us.

Like I said, brief... I'll come back and add scripture references another time... Be blessed. 

Text of this blog © K. Michelle Payne 2015

[about this blog]

No comments:

Post a Comment